I just finished session 5 last night, but completely forgot about doing my reflection blog until I woke up startled in bed around 2am and realized I hadn't done it. Of course, I went back to sleep so only just now remembered to finish it.
Session 5 ended up being a tough two weeks! It was really hard trying to finish up my lesson plan with Tim Sanborn's students and to also try and reflect right away on how the lessons went. I'm always so self conscious about the fact that I'm not a "real" teacher, so it was tough to have to go through all of the rigamorale that goes along with teaching a lesson plan. One of the aspects that I thought I covered best was the assessment portion of the lessons. Tim shared with me his working knowledge of assessments and how to best use them with his students. I really picked his brain a lot about what many of my colleagues refer to as "edu-speak". He was able to better explain formative and summative assessments, which I will definitely need for next year, when I have my own class to teach.
No comments:
Post a Comment